THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 14, 2009

One of my most valued possesions



I am an avid reader. I like books and my book buying habit is equivalent to a 2 packs of
cigarettes per day habit. I very rarely get rid of my books. Ask anyone. They are laying all over my house.
My Twilight books are among my most valued possessions. I cleaned out my crapped up armoire just so I could clear a shelf for them. I loaned the books to B2. I actually shoved Twilight down her throat. She sped through Twilight, but then took way to long to read the others. I think it took her 10 days to complete all of them. That was just unacceptable. I read them all in 48 hours. She recently mentioned wanting to read them again. I told her she had to go buy her own set.
I loaned Twilight to my mom and it is still sitting on the floor in her room.(I went out and bought a new copy for myself.) The thought of being separated from my books has become painful. I know, get a grip, Rachel, but I only tell the honest truth.
On Wednesday, I decided that I needed to force Twilight on my friend, Mel. She was in desperate need of some Twi-love. So, away I went to the bus stop. I am sure I looked like a dork with my New Moon t shirt on with Twilight tucked under my arm. I started to talk about her reading it and she mentioned that her friend had already given her the book. I was so relieved that I was not going to have to be separated from my baby, I mean book. We walked home with her neighbor and chatted about the books with her. D. had not read the books, but wanted to. They decided to read it together. I should have seen it coming and ran home with my book tucked into the protection of my fabulous t shirt, but I am a bit slow sometimes. Mel took my book from me while I was on the phone, slow to react and handed it to her neighbor. My phone call was important so I didn't immediately grasp what had happened. I hung up and walked home. In my head I was screaming NOOOOOOO!! I wanted to run back and snatch my book away.
I made it home with an ache in my stomach, trying to convince myself that more people reading the book was a good thing. More people with which I can discuss my favorite topic. I was mourning my empty hands. When I saw Melanie later that day. She sheepishly asked me if I minded that she had given my book to D. For one quick second I was afraid that I had outwardly shown my apprehension. Then in the next, I wanted to grab her and shake her. Don't worry. I got a hold of myself and said in my most nonchalant voice. "Of course not." All the while the voice in my head is fuming.
Mel, if you read this please don't worry. I am totally fine with D. having the book. I am just crazy sometimes. I do recover fast was able to regrasp reality.
I remembered that I want it in hardcover .

0 comments: