THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 13, 2009

A pattern of Obsession.


When I was 12 I had a serious crush on Donnie from New Kids on the Block. I was obsessed!!!(my favorite word) I had posters, I bought magazines. I listened to the tapes over and over. Yes, I said tapes. It was almost 20 years ago. I begged my mom and dad to buy me NKOTB sheets. I went to the mall to see them and was almost trampled by millions of other screaming girls. Now for the ultimate in my obsession shame. I had a beautiful poster of Donnie. I would stare at it. Memorizing his face. On the bottom right hand corner, in the tiniest print, there was a phone number to the New Kids on the Block hotline. "Speak to your favorite New Kid!" I ran for the phone and heard a message. "Children under 18 should have your parents approval before continuing. This call is $2.95 for the first minute and $1.99 for each additional minute." I called this damn line about 5 times a day. It was a cheesy recording of the New Kids. I don't even remember what it said. Needless to say, the outrageous phone bill came and I got in heaps of trouble. I was grounded forever and had to do dishes for 2 months. By myself!

I spent the rest of my teen years obsessing over one celebrity or another. When I was 16. I had a crush on none other than. . . Billy Ray Cyrus, circa, Achy Breaky Heart.


I made posters of him. Collages actually, because that was my thing. I even loved the mullet.


Now I am a grown up, (wink wink) somewhat mature MOM. It has been years since anyone had caught my eye, and then Twilight, the movie, introduced ROB!!!


Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!!!

This picture is my cell phone wallpaper. B2 says I am sick. My husband rolls his eyes and thinks he is superior with his picture of my sweet daughter dressed as Bob the Builder, or something like that. I love my kids, but I look at them all day. When I pick up the phone I like to see Rob. You cannot imagine how many people have asked me to forward this picture to them. I always begrudgingly do.

So I am obsessed. Maybe I will grow out of it. Most likely Rob will get better looking and when I am old and gray, he will be like my mom's favorite, Sean Connery. And I will still get to obsess.



P.S. On our 2 month dating anniversary, My husband bought me a bottle of Obsession. He knew me so well even then.













0 comments: