THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 9, 2009



OK, so I will totally admit that I have a problem. An obsession. I, like millions of other woman I know, am obsessed with Twilight. I can honestly say that The Twilight Saga changed my life. Maybe not changed it, but perked it up. A lot!!

I am a stay at home mom of 3 crazies, I mean kids. Books are my escape. They keep me sane, if I even can be considered sane anymore. I will readily admit that I had to have my arm twisted severely by my sister-in-law before I would read Twilight. I even bought the book and it sat in my bathroom for a month(I read in the bathtub). I had spoken to her earlier in the day and she begged me to read the book and when I say beg, I really mean beg and plead. She even promised to get a Facebook page. (Which she has not done yet) So, I started the book and was so engrossed I sat in the bathtub for 3 hours. Yes, it was cold, my toes were wrinkly and my butt was numb. I was in love!!!!! I can honestly say I have never loved a book more! I am very well read and have read too many books to even count. I didn't sleep that night. I think I kept sighing. I felt like I was in the throes of a new love. When morning came I rushed the kids through breakfast, threw the Big One on the bus without even a goodbye kiss and took the little ones to Target in jammies. That was at 8:42 a.m. I originally was just going to buy New Moon, but I scooped up Eclipse and Breaking Dawn because I had this feeling that if I didn't I would be back later that day. I was home by 9:05.

I will now admit that I was a terrible mother to my kids for a week. It only took me 2 days to read all 4 books, but then I had to reread them. I am a very fast reader and If I really like something, I read it again. The house was a disaster. The kids were fed crap. I wouldn't even talk to them. It was bad. I didn't eat. I lost 10 pounds. You should have seen the pile of laundry. It was scary. I think I went and bought the Big One new socks because I did not have time to wash and match them. Pathetic, I know, but I had a new lease on life.

At this point I had not seen the movie. I am not a fan of movies made from books. For example, Memoirs of a Geisha, I loved the book. The movie sucked. I can go on and on, but I won't. I am sure you know how I feel. I went ahead and rented the movie going into it with low expectations. I loved it. I kept it for 5 days. I watched it numerous times and I fell in love again. Well, I hadn't really fallen out of love, but I had new things to love(i.e. Robert Pattinson), but let's not go there yet. I created a reason to head to my trusty Target, diapers or something mundane like that. Somehow the Twilight movie, soundtrack and a random magazine with a picture of Rob and Kristen on it landed in the cart. My husband just rolled his eyes. I had made him watch the movie and he liked it, but he had no clue that Twilight had taken over my life the way it had.

This all happened the last week of March. I have seen the movie at least 3-4 times a week since then and read all 4 books 7 times. I almost can't talk about anything else. I have turned 4 people onto the books and have created my own little Twilight pyramid scheme. They are now creating their branches. It is fabulous!

I am now turning my obsession toward the release of New Moon. I watched the Mtv Movie Awards, which I haven't done in forever. I was so excited I made a fool of myself. I have watched the trailer so many times it's way pathetic. 168 days to go. I have started my movie fund now. RZ, don't expect my help the week of November 20th. I have plans.

2 comments:

shandi p said...

I fucking love this...it's like im reading about myself, the twilight bug is something else! oh oh oh...i have a lifesize cardboard cut out of Edward in my room...jealous?

Rachel Zubair said...

I am jealous!!!!