THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 3, 2009

My investments


I just like this picture!!

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I had just finished reading Eclipse, again, I was so excited to see the words Breaking Dawn on the Twilight movie site, and then I find that gorgeous new Edward poster. All I wanted to do was talk about Twilight or Edward. The reason that this was a bad thing is because I stayed with my family all day. Everyone in my house is sick of hearing about my obsession. I swear I even saw the baby roll his eyes. ~big sigh~
It just seemed to pour out of me, like a kid excited for Christmas. I could not stop. I saw a black Mercedes--"Oooh, oooh , that the kind of car Carlisle drives." I saw yellow cars all over the place and expressed my chagrin that there were no yellow Porches, like Alice's. My husband will usually talk about cars, but he refused to take my bait to begin a Twilight conversation. My son asked what kind of car Rob drives. I said I wasn't sure, but that he had said in an interview that he drove an '89 BMW. RZ laughed his ass off at this and said I was crazy, that I am way too invested in Twilight.
That got me thinking. I am an investor. I invest my whole self into many things. I invest my time into my kids. I invest my heart in my husband of 13 years. I invest myself into my family and into friends, that sometimes don't reciprocate. I invest myself into things I believe in, like my volunteer work for P.T.O., my choice of politics, my love of all things Twilight!!!!!
Thank God I am too broke to invest in the stock market.

The Twilight books changed my life. That may sound corny, but I was in a rut and was not doing the best that I could in my life. Stephenie Meyer wrote books that touched my soul and most of all made me happy in way that has allowed me to be happier in all aspects of my life. So, yes, I am way too invested in Twilight, I am not alone. Here is a quote from an interview Robert Pattinson gave:

"I find myself being...I mean, right after the audition I found myself kind of bizarrely invested in the story, and I hadn't even read the books at that point. I got more and more attached to it. I've been talking about the script to Eclipse the last few weeks and I find myself getting very argumentative, which I'm not usually. Yeah, I don't know. They definitely have some kind of power over us."

I think I will no longer call my love an obsession. Maybe I will call it an investment.

Source

0 comments: