THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Introduction and Question #3


I have acquired some new faces to my blog and it was suggested to me that I maybe introduce myself a bit. I am really no different from any of the other bloggers out there. I have a love of writing and Twilight gave me some major inspiration. It manifested itself into this blog. In my 8 months of blogging I have learned a couple of things:


1- I hate the name of my blog. Every time I type in the address I cringe. It is so freaking long. I was in la la land and flying on a Twilight high when I chose it and now it's too late to change.


2- My Husband does not like it when I call Rob yummy. He does not understand my obsession. He says that I am too old for him and that I am, essentially, a pervert. He rants about how Rob is 8 years younger than I am and that that is just nasty. My husband is 7 years older than me. I was 17 when he met me. Hypocritical a bit?


3- I have realized my power as a role model to my children. My daughter sings songs about her boyfriend, Jacob. Howling that he is beautiful and that she loves him. When I asked her why Jacob is her boyfriend she told me that it is because Edward is already my boyfriend and she didn't want to steal him from me. She is 4. My 2 year old calls Nickelodeon's Diego, Edward, and can spot Edward and Bella everywhere. As for my 7 year old, I broke my salt shaker and he said "Don't worry, I will buy you a new one, A Twilight one." They are obviously either fans as well, or they are brainwashed.


Below is my 1st post ever. I have not edited it, in fact I read through it very quickly because I am notoriously hard on myself. I almost always hate what I write. I feel like apologizing for making you read this crap. Yesterday's post was trash. I wasted that great photo of Kellen on it, but the 2 year old was screaming at me and I was in a hurry. I am very sorry. Thank you for checking me out and if you have come here for the contest I hope you will stick around and have fun with me afterwards!



Here it is- Remember Question #3 is at the end of the post.

June 7, 2007






OK, so I will totally admit that I have a problem. An obsession. I, like millions of other woman, am obsessed with Twilight. I can honestly say that The Twilight Saga changed my life. Maybe not changed it, but perked it up. A lot!!


I am a stay at home mom of 3 crazies, I mean kids. Books are my escape. They keep me sane, if I even can be considered sane anymore. I will readily admit that I had to have my arm twisted severely by my sister-in-law before I would read Twilight. I even bought the book and it sat in my bathroom for a month(I read in the bathtub). I had spoken to her earlier in the day and she begged me to read the book and when I say beg, I really mean beg and plead. She even promised to get a Facebook page. (Which she has not done yet) So, I started the book and was so engrossed I sat in the bathtub for 3 hours. Yes, it was cold, my toes were wrinkly and my butt was numb. I was in love!!!!! I can honestly say I have never loved a book more! I am very well read and have read too many books to even count. I didn't sleep that night. I think I kept sighing. I felt like I was in the throes of a new love. When morning came I rushed the kids through breakfast, threw the Big One on the bus without even a goodbye kiss and took the little ones to Target in jammies. That was at 8:42 a.m. I originally was just going to buy New Moon, but I scooped up Eclipse and Breaking Dawn because I had this feeling that if I didn't I would be back later that day. I was home by 9:05.




I will now admit that I was a terrible mother to my kids for a week. It only took me 2 days to read all 4 books, but then I had to reread them. I am a very fast reader and If I really like something, I read it again. The house was a disaster. The kids were fed crap. I wouldn't even talk to them. It was bad. I didn't eat. I lost 10 pounds. You should have seen the pile of laundry. It was scary. I think I went and bought the Big One new socks because I did not have time to wash and match them. Pathetic, I know, but I had a new lease on life.


At this point I had not seen the movie. I am not a fan of movies made from books. For example, Memoirs of a Geisha, I loved the book. The movie sucked. I can go on and on, but I won't. I am sure you know how I feel. I went ahead and rented the movie going into it with low expectations. I loved it. I kept it for 5 days. I watched it numerous times and I fell in love again. Well, I hadn't really fallen out of love, but I had new things to love(i.e. Robert Pattinson), but let's not go there yet. I created a reason to head to my trusty Target, diapers or something mundane like that. Somehow the Twilight movie, soundtrack and a random magazine with a picture of Rob and Kristen on it landed in the cart. My husband just rolled his eyes. I had made him watch the movie and he liked it, but he had no clue that Twilight had taken over my life the way it had.


This all happened the last week of March. I have seen the movie at least 3-4 times a week since then and read all 4 books 7 times. I almost can't talk about anything else. I have turned 4 people onto the books and have created my own little Twilight pyramid scheme. They are now creating their branches. It is fabulous! (post edit- Of course now I have read the books probably 15 times or more and seen Twilight over 100 times and New Moon in the theatre 6 times.)


I am now turning my obsession toward the release of New Moon. I watched the Mtv Movie Awards, which I haven't done in forever. I was so excited I made a fool of myself. I have watched the trailer so many times it's way pathetic. 168 days to go. I have started my movie fund now. RZ, don't expect my help the week of November 20th. I have plans.



Answer #3- Laurent is approximately 300 years old. "I have never seen anything like him in all my 300 years." Twilight (movie) Twilight (book Chapter 19 page 400.)

15 comments:

Missy S said...

Laurent's DOB is 1755

Jeanette said...

300

Heather said...

“I have never seen anything like him in all of my 300 years.” :)

Season said...

He is 300 years old.

Jo said...

During the Twilight movie Laurent says in all of his 300 years he had not seen or met anyone as obsessed as James.... I believe that makes him born in the 1700's...
So my guess for question #3 would have to be Laurent is 300 yrs old...or over 300 years old.

My name is Jo Payne... and I just became a fan of your's on facebook...
I will tell you... I know what it's like to be totally obsessed with reading these books! I never read books until my 14 yr old pushed the first book at me and ordered me to read it...LOL..

Jo said...

OK...after further looking and reading I believe the answer to question #3 is
Laurent was born around the year1755..(this came directly off the official twilight site) That would make his age 255 but at what age was he transformed...?
I still think he is 300 or a little over..
OK,,, I am done bugging you...sorry..but I get into contests..LOL
oh and my name is Jo Payne
my email is jpdesigns@verizon.net

Paula said...

300
:)

Anonymous said...

300 yrs old



rose devivo

Shauna said...

300 years old?

Krislen said...

about 300

felicia rock said...

300 years? my name is felicia

fefetwimom said...

sorry this is my blogger account.felicia

B*t*h #2 said...

300

Unknown said...

In the movie, Laurent Says that he has not seen anything as lethal as James "in all of my 300 years." I don't remember if there was a reference made to Laurent's age in the book. So I believe that he is 300 years old.

Rachel Zubair said...

Comments for question # 3 are closed!! Woo Hoo I am having fun!!!!!