THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Haunted Airman

"Mom- Mom- There's Rob!!!" my 6 year old yells (loudly) in the grocery store. I swear I saw more than one Twilight mom looking around with bated breath hoping to catch a glimpse of the real Rob. But no, my son's remarkable, well-trained eyes found Rob Pattinson's face on the Redbox.

I rented and then stayed up late last night watching The Haunted Airman.



First off, I have to say that unfortunately I thought there were lapses in Twilight where Rob's acting was less than stellar. Often his eyes are looking in the wrong direction. The Haunted Airman proves that Rob CAN act. And act well!

The Haunted Airman is the story of Toby Jugg, a Royal Air Force pilot, a bomber I think, who is injured in the war and paralyzed. He also suffers from hallucinations and nightmares caused by a guilty conscience from his war deeds. He is admitted to a creepy veterans hospital where the doctor's methods are questionable.

The story can be a bit confusing, but it is almost entirely featuring Rob. I like tortured Rob. I want to comfort him. Can you say man in a uniform?

This movie has been billed as a scary movie, either the British have a different version of scary or are faint of heart. Seriously, the previews for Orphan scared me way more than the entire Haunted Airman movie. I won't go into anymore details and ruin it for anyone.
I do have this recommendation, if you like Rob Pattinson, watch the movie. He makes it.


0 comments: