THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Emotions


I have read books in which the writer writes in a way that I can feel the emotions that they are trying so hard to describe. I have cried my eyes out (The Host). I have felt anger and embarrassment so vividly that I could feel my cheeks heat up. I have felt joy and pain and love. New Moon was a very emotional book for me, but I did not cry. I knew Edward was coming back and if I had any criticism for Stephenie Meyer if would be that she did not adequately describe Bella's pain in that awful moment when Edward leaves her. I will again reference The Host. You can experience the growth in Ms. Meyer's writing when you read about the main characters pain and loss. I highly recommend the book if you have not read it.

As an actor it is required that you show the viewer the needed emotions to tell the story. I have total confidence that Kristen Stewart will be able to more effectively wrench a tear from us while she lies on that forest floor grieving the loss of Edward than was written. In a People magazine article I read today (I am pretty sure it was from a different interview because I had read it before, but I couldn't find the first) Kristen uses the phrase "It killed me." The emotion must be there for New Moon to be successful. I will be disappointed if I don't get a bit choked up. I may be too giddy to accurately feel the emotion the first time I see it, but I hope not.

1 comments:

B*t*h #2 said...

no doubt in my mind u will definantly be too gidyy!!! I fear u may even pee ur pants!!!