THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Team Who?


Today the family and I spent the day at a nearby amusement park. It was fabulous! I wore my "Runs with Vampires" t-shirt, 1- because I like it, 2- to irritate RZ, and 3- to see if anyone mentions it. An interesting t-shirt is always a good conversation starter. My fashion choice this morning turned out to be a good one, 1- I was comfortable, 2- RZ was slightly disgusted "Are you seriously wearing that?", and 3- I had an enlightening conversation with 2 random women. That conversation is blog-worthy.
While helping my kids onto Touche' Turtle's Clipper, a mother roughly my age, said to her daughter,"Look she's wearing a Twilight t-shirt (the kid was about 3. I am sure she cared). I smiled and replied that I LOVE Twilight. She answered that her daughter loves it too (WTF?? Just admit your love, Lady. Jeez!) The ride operator, a bit younger than me, comments that she used to be Team Jacob, but now she is Team Eddie!!! Can I get another huge WTF!!!!!???? Seriously, I have never heard Edward described as Eddie and it took all my strength not to rip her freakin' head off. Team Eddie? (I am shaking my head in disgust.) Then to top it off the aforementioned "too cool to admit her Twi-love" lady chimes in that she is Team Sweden. WTF!!!!!!!! I have heard of Team Switzerland, but Team Sweden. Who the hell is she rooting for? She went on to explain that she prefers to wait until Twilight 2 comes out to decide who's team she is on. Ok, so now I am ready to swallow the tongue I have pierced to keep quiet and I could feel my cheeks getting hot. I have never thought of it as Twilight 2. It's always been New Moon to me. She obviously hasn't read the books and I almost said as much. Ride Girl saved me from embarrassing myself by asking the other lady if she had read the books. Of course she hadn't. The, too cool-dumbass, lady reciprocated and I swear to Twilight, the ride girl answered, and I quote "I read the first 2, but I don't like elliptics? It is too long." WTF!!!!!!! I assumed she meant Eclipse. Thank God that the ride ended because I was having heart palpitations.
I have concluded that I am not just a Twilight Obsessor, I am also a Twilight snob. I am still horrified at that conversation.(I am shuddering as I think of it.) So, here it is my Twilight wisdom of the day-
Don't f**k up my perfectly wonderful day with a conversation about Twilight if you don't f**cking know what you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: