THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 26, 2009

Small details


One of the only problems that I have had with watching Twilight, is that the producers missed little details that could have been easy to copy to stay true to the book, like Edward's black leather sofa. That should have been easy. The above picture is of Bella's birthday cake from the New Moon trailer. It's totally gorgeous and over the top. It would be just like Alice to go that big, but in the book the birthday party scene is described like this:

Alice, I assumed, had covered every flat surface with pink candles and dozens of crystal bowls filled with hundreds of roses. There was a table with a white cloth draped over it next to Edward's grand piano, holding a pink birthday cake, more roses, a stack of glass plates, and a small pile of silver-wrapped presents. (excerpt taken from New Moon page 25)

With something written in such minute detail why is it so hard to replicate? Why this bothers me I don't know. The books are so precious to me and I want the movies to be true to them. If they will skip over something so small, what big things will they change?

For more information about the cake, check out this article from Twilight Parents Examiner. The cake designer is Thomas Haas.

I have included in this post some pictures of Twilight inspired cakes. Some have tags on them, but most I don't know where they came from. I totally want a Twilight Birthday party!





















0 comments: