THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. (Spoilers!)



Just like when I purchased Twilight I waited to read this book. It had been mutually decided upon by MrsMe and me to read the book together on the plane ride to L.A.

It was torture. I sat there stroking the book. I was a book molester. I was able to resist the urge to read it. I will admit that I read the ending. WTF- Bree dies. That is the end. I was seriously put out that I was feeling guilty about reading the ending and then I read the last page. DUH!!

I held myself back and had my book out before the plane began to taxi. MrsMe actually asked if I was really going to read the book NOW. Well, yes, sweetheart. I am dying here!

So, I read it. And I read it fast. And---I guess I enjoyed it. ??? It was so incomplete and I have decided that I really hate first person writing.

I did enjoy it for what it was, and I am glad that I purchased the book.

Here are a couple of points that I want to highlight-- Good and Bad:

I like Riley. He is almost as misinformed as the newborns. I will be interested to see how he is portrayed in the film.

The relationship between Bree and Diego was treated like an afterthought. Maybe fan fiction has ruined Stephenie Meyer's writing for me? :(

Freaky Fred is AWESOME!!

I never thought about the fact that Bree would be conveying information to Edward. That's cool!

I adore the fact that Edward tells her to not look. That little tidbit is in Eclipse, but I never caught it before. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Edward?

Now for some questions:

Do you think this book sets up a vampire sequel?

Do you think that the book should be a movie?

Did you like it?

Let me know!!!

Here is a small clip from Eclipse featuring Jodelle Ferland as Bree Tanner. Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Paula said...

I liked the book. As soon as I was reminded (by one Twilight page on facebook) that it came out that day I went to get it. I started it that night but rum and sleepless nights took over and I had to finish it the next morning. I knew that it was going to be a short story but for me it was too short. Not enough detail. I don't think there should be a movies based only off of this book. I think that it will be helpful to have read it when we see Eclipse since the movie doesn't focus just through Bella's eyes. And I guess I like that. I also LOVED finding out that she was "telling" Edward things. It made me smile and cry at the same time. Yeah did I even mention how emotionally involved I am in this? LOL Also starting bawling when Edward told her not to look. I don't know why I never realized reading Eclipse that he was talking to Bree?