THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teen Choice Awards

2 hours of my life were wasted watching the Teen Choice Awards, not to mention the crap I got from RZ. He rolls his eyes and wonders out loud why I am trying to be a teenager again. Just because I am in love with a fictional character and project that love onto a movie star, watch stupid ass award shows, and dye my hair purple, it does not mean I am trying to be a teenager. Yuck!!! I am one of those fortunate people who was so happy to leave high school behind. I am a much happier, secure 31 year old. I am at a point in my life where I could really care less what people think of me. I have realized that the responsibility for my happiness is my own.

So, back to my wasted 2 hours. I did get to see Rob and the Twilight cast. For about 3 minutes. I really get delighted by Rob's award speeches. His discomfort is hilarious and he so full of crap he can't even keep a straight face.



As for the other 1 hour and 57 minutes, they made me realize I am too old for wasting my time on crappy TV award shows. Here are some examples:

-When Miley Cyrus started singing I wanted to grab a hold of her and cover her with some pants. Then she started humping a pole and I almost died. I can't imagine how that is ok with her father. Who I had a major crush on--posters on the wall, singing his cd at the top of my lungs, mullet loving crush.

-I had never heard of Sean Kingston

-I was already married when Britney Spears debut album came out and she was given a lifetime achievement award. A LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD!!! Seriously!!!

-When I was a teenager, the only person who would have been eligible for the Miss Fab-U-Lous award would have been RuPaul. And the award would have been boycotted due to the stigma at that time of being gay.

The moral of this story is that I am not using my love of Twilight to relive my teenage years. I am enjoying a good thing while it lasts. It may already be wearing off. I haven't watch Twilight in 3 days.

Yeah, you are right- It's not wearing off. It's as rampant as ever. :)

100 DAYS TIL NEW MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: