THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some thoughts on Eclipse

Filming for Eclipse is scheduled to begin on Monday in Vancouver. In anticipation of this I had promised that I would make a list of the scenes that I felt had to be in Eclipse, but that list was just too long. It was also very obvious to me that the more scenes I chose or cut, the more panicky I felt. I know, B2 tells me I am psycho all the time, but remember, I have invested a lot of emotion in Twilight. I then decided to move on to scenes from Eclipse that should be in the movie, but I am sure will be cut. Trying to make that list was just as impossible for me. Eclipse is my favorite book and I think the movie should be 4 hours long. I would sit through it.

So here are 3 scenes that I feel are important, but I was pretty sure would not make it into the movie:

-Jasper's background and birth as a vampire

-Rosalie's background and her killing her rapists and fiance'.

-Jasper teaching his family and the wolves how to fight the newborns

Today I read an article by Twilight Examiner writer Amanda Bell (I am a fan on Facebook and she reports on great Twilight news). She writes that Kellen Lutz and Jackson Rathbone are going through intensive fight training, as well as horseback riding lessons for Jackson. This has to be for a flashback scene of Jasper's former life. We know no vampire would be able to ride a horse without killing it. She also mentions Jasper taking the helm in training on-screen. This seems to cover 2 of my picks that wouldn't be seen on screen.
Amanda also reports that an actor has been hired to play Royce King II, so that covers Rosalie's story. I am hoping that this shows a trend that Eclipse is going to be very true to the book. So much was left out of Twilight. I still think it is a good movie, but Alice's story is lost. Esme's too, but I am pretty sure that Carlisle's story will be addressed in New Moon. (Volturi flashback scenes)

I may still compile a list, but I may be too busy this week. I have to make time to go see Bandslam. Can I borrow some body's preteen, so I don't look so pathetic?

0 comments: