THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Friday

Sometime after my 30th birthday I decided that I did not care what people thought of me. I have really always been confident in myself, but in the past two years I became even more confident in liking what I like and not worrying about anyone else. My love of Twilight is a perfect example of this. I would and have screamed it from the rooftops. I become a walking advertisement for Twilight with Edward stretched across my ample bosom. I try to turn everyone on to it and am a proud momma when someone falls in love with the books. I wonder WTF is wrong with someone who won't read it or someone who doesn't like it--GASP!!
But this Friday I embarrassed myself. My cheeks are still red at the thought of what I did, all in the name of Twilight.

I had had one of those weeks with the kids being sick and suffering from cabin fever. The thrill of summer had finally worn off, for all of us. Everyone was grumpy and I needed to get out. I asked RZ to man the fort while I took MrsMe, who was in the same funk, out to see a movie. He graciously accepted, all the while knowing if he didn't, barely held together Mommy would become homicidal Mommy. I had rolled out of bed that morning and grabbed a comfortable outfit of my New Moon t-shirt and some weird, not shorts, but not capri sweatpants. MrsMe said she was wearing her new Twilight t-shirt, which came as a shock. She only wears her Twilight t-shirts to inappropriate functions (i.e. her daughter's baptism) ** I told her I would wear mine if she would wear her's. She agreed.
When deciding what movie to see it was agreed upon that we would go and see The Time Traveler's Wife. She nixed Bandslam. I had it all worked out that we could go see the trailer in front of Bandslam at 9:55 and only miss the previews of our movie, as it started at 10. When we got there I found that I had the times mixed up. I was a bit pouty, but being the adult I am I figured it was better to not miss the beginning of the movie. Which, by the way, was very good. I have not read the book.
After the movie was over I mentioned that Bandslam was playing at 12:20 and if we waited around we could go see the trailer. Security was present because of the high volume of Friday night traffic and I was a bit worried about getting kicked out and being banned for life from the theatre. I will have need of admittance in the near future (11/20-11/25) MrsMe giggled at me and I swear thought I was crazy, but agreed that we should get permission. Every single employee had to be about 16 and I was wearing my New Moon shirt. I tried to hide it a bit with my giant red purse, that I used to sneak in water and candy, but it was pointless. I asked a girl taking tickets if it was ok or if I should ask a manager. She looked at me like she was a bit scared, but said to go ahead. We, OK I, giddily headed for the theatre. We sat there for 5 minutes and the lights came on in the theatre and the projector was turned off. I realized that there were probably no tickets sold and the midnight showing was not going to happen. After some consideration, MrsMe asked the same girl if we needed to buy a ticket for it to be shown. She said maybe, looking again like we were going to kill her or something. I ran outside and bought a ticket for Bandslam. The girl there looked even more weirded out and I realized then what I looked like, a pathetic, lonely, middle aged women wearing a New Moon t-shirt, clutching a giant red purse, wearing flipflops with cut off sweat things, watching Bandslam at midnight. I am so embarrassed. Someone definitely had a laugh over me.
MrsMe and I ran back to the theatre only to realize we had the wrong theatre the 1st time. AHHHHHHH!!! I had embarrassed myself for no reason!!! We made it just in time and saw the trailer on the big screen!!!! It was mostly worth it. I tried to jump up and down and hug MrsMe with pure joy at seeing the trailer, but that was were she drew the line. Go figure.
I still can't wait for the release of New Moon. I will continue to be a freak about my Twilight love and will probably embarrass myself again soon. Just so you know, even though I asked if I could see the movie so I didn't get in trouble. I was not that worried about breaking the rules. I video-taped the trailer. I did not put it on Youtube, that is beyond me, but I have it for my enjoyment. I tried to show RZ. He basically told me to F**K OFF. He doesn't know what he is missing. I won't make him go with me on opening night, but my girls don't get off that easily. B2, MrsMe, and SIL # 3 are going whether they like it or not. Don't even think of backing out. I will need someone there to keep me from smacking the 13 year olds. And we are all wearing our shirts. I may even go and buy us matching ones.

**a previous post titled Appropriate uses of Twilight T-shirts can be found in my archives.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, YOU are a HOOT! I just read this post and I am LMAO! :) The visual did me in - you are craazzzy but I love you anyway! Jeannette