THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 21, 2009

Jane


I loved the movie I Am Sam. I am a Sean Penn fan and have been for a long time. This movie was the first time I remember seeing Dakota Fanning. She was so cute and such a good actress. That role was a very emotional role and she performed it perfectly.

When I discovered that Dakota was going to be Jane, I was delighted. I thought she was a perfect choice and just how I pictured Jane when I read the books, young, innocent and beautiful looking, but dangerous. The small look you get in the New Moon trailer shows just how perfect she is for this role.
I was sent a link to this great article written by Lizerne Guiting, Fandango Film Commentator. The article is fabulously written and has spoilers about the movie. Beware if you do not want to read spoilers. I chose one section from the article that is of great interest to me. I had read that Edward was going to get tortured by Jane and it would be very physical. In the book, Jane does not lay a finger on Edward and I was worried that the director would change that and have Jane touch Edward, essentially changing her power. This set report relieves my concern:
Jane and Edward's Torturous Scenes

One little vampire who plays a huge role in the new film is Jane, played by Dakota Fanning. As the more prominent witch twin, she's known for her an angelic look that clashes with her sadistic persona. In the scenes we view, she's using her special gift—inflicting pain on her victims without lifting a finger—on Edward. Edward's scene was altogether filmed separately since he was on wires, but let's include what we saw from that scene, too, for continuity.
Robert Pattinson is cloaked in a hooded crimson, velvet, Volturi robe and his bare chest is partly exposed. As Aro gives Jane the green light to try her power on Bella, Edward runs in front of her and he receives the full fury of Jane's infliction. Pattinson stops in his tracks, arches his head back and expresses a look of excruciating pain. He lets out a grunt, the wires pull him back, and then drop him on his back. A camera that's zoomed in on Jane's face shows her red eyes widen and follow him to the spot on the ground where he falls. She hardly blinks. As Bella begs her to stop, Jane keeps staring, and her lips curve into a faint, smug smile.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the reports so far. It sounds like scenes are going to be kept close to the book. I have said it before---I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

0 comments: