THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 21, 2009

Twilight Moms- Back to school

Tonight was Back-to-School night at my son's school. It was so exciting to see my mom friends that I had not seen all summer!! Do we talk about our summers or our children's education. No!!! A lot of my friends are on Facebook with me. I chronicle my obsession with Twilight on FB and everyone knows I love it. What is so thrilling is the number of people who mentioned it to me tonight. Some are closet fans, most are not as obsessed as I am, but appreciate my enthusiasm. I love spreading the joy!!!

I have a very good friend who I had not spent any time with since about April. I was so excited to see her at the first PTO function of the year. It was there that I asked if she had read the books. She had not!! I begged her to read the book. She took her kids to Target immediately and bought the books. 2 days later I received this email from her:

Rachel,
I bought it, started it, and I think I will finish it tonight!!! I think this might very well be my favorite book I have EVER read!!! I already went today and bought the next two so I can keep right on!!! THEN, I can't wait to see the movies!! THANK YOU!!!!!
D

Tonight, Miss D comes flying around the corner and yells my name, gives me a big hug and begs me to tell her what happens. She just finished Fire and Ice in Eclipse!! I can't believe she actually left at that point to come to school. I couldn't have done it.

Ahhhhh the thrill of introducing my love to another.

She then tells me of the most common problem a mother is plagued by when reading The Twilight Saga--


Our esteemed assistant principal (also a Twilight Fan) told her not to stress. She told her to go to Target and pick up some things to get her through the end.

I had to go buy socks for my son my first time through.

0 comments: