THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday

Today is Monday. I would say that I hate Mondays, but I am a stay at home mom. Everyday is about the same. By Wednesday I have forgotten what day it is and I have to look at a calendar. My low key weekend was spent mostly at home with some time at the pool. On Saturday I brought my book (Eclipse, again), but was unable to read it poolside while worshipping the sun. I am jealous of the moms that don't have to chase fearless little ones away from the deep end. I soothe my self with the knowledge and regret that they will soon be big enough to swim with out me.

I did gain an insight into the other spectrum of Twilight fans. We all know the target audience is teens and we all know about Twilight moms, but children much younger are fans of the movie. A bunch of kids (boys and girls) were playing a game where they yell out their favorite-whatever, food, game, movie, and then the "it" person chooses and they race. Favorite movie- Twilight. Favorite actor- Rob Pattinson. Favorite food- mushroom ravioli. Ok, I am lying about the food. It was mostly pizza and chicken nuggets. One kid said corn. Who's favorite food is corn?

RZ was getting a movie from Redbox and 2 little kids, my son's age(6)
begging their mom to rent Twilight. It was not available. Of course, RZ had to comment and his exasperated "you,too" was met with blank looks from the kids and a smile from the mom. You know she wanted Twilight too and has brainwashed her kids like I have. My kids can spot Twilight merchandise from a mile away. It's like having two extra sets of eyes.
I don't even mind when my volume challenge 4 year old yells out- Mom, there's your boyfriend Edward!!!!!

0 comments: